Sales Development Specialist
BeerMenus.com is the largest community of craft beer drinkers looking to find the beers they love, and the businesses that serve the beers they love. Over 25,000 businesses have already created business accounts on BeerMenus. Our biggest challenge, is also the biggest opportunity. +25,000 businesses, and growing, makes it so that we have more interest than we can reasonably engage with. So, what’s next? The most fun part of any startup, of course, SCALE! and in this case, scale, yet again.
The role will be tasked with reaching out to, and scheduling meetings with the hundreds of interested businesses that reach out each month. Yes, you read that correctly, the businesses you will call reached out to BeerMenus first. While the interest is inbound it does not make the role any easier because this simply means we expect more of every person who enters this office.
The role will include a one week intensive training period. After training, each person will hit the ground running, be directly managed by our Head of Sales, and work hand in hand with our Sales Experts. This provides an opportunity that few Sales Development Specialist roles provide. SDS’s will have a tightly defined focus, but as a result of interacting with all stages of the customer buying journey, this SDS role will provide the opportunity to take the next step in a career in either sales, account management, early funnel sales, or support. A single track from SDS to sales does not account for varying company needs, your varied skill sets, and in the end your personal growth would be limited, thus not dynamic.
Next Steps / How to Apply:
Fill out the application form to get rolling. Then, instead of just being evaluated on your writing skills, for a role that will be defined by conveying your thoughts through spoken word, you will have the opportunity to jump off the page by speaking directly to us. After you submit the short application, we'll send you a video interview link to record your response to a few questions that will help us get to know you better and understand your communication style.
We are looking for:
- Missionaries, not mercenaries.
- People who are familiar with working through rejection, so you understand how to push through to success.
- Proactive individuals that seek out advice, and do not wait for it to come to them. Genuinely curious individuals, which should be displayed in the interview process with insightful questions. No, "pretty sure I get it all, very straight forward" because that is a red flag for us.
- A love of craft beer and/or interest in growing your understanding of the community.
- Driven people looking to take the first step in their sales career, whether you're already in sales or have been looking for a way into sales.
- People with a track record of success - whether in school, sports, organizations, professionally or personally. When we mean successful, we want people who have achieved, but who have more often than not, failed. Failure and success means you push the bounds of your comfort zone, have tried new things, and continue to push yourself through continuous cycles of trial and error. True success is colored by frequent failure, learning, and perseverance.
- People who have experience, or an understanding, of Lean Startup best practices.
- Those who can clearly articulate why you want to be a Sales Development Specialist at BeerMenus? NOT why do want to work at a SaaS startup in a sales role. Why SDS? And Why with us?
- May already have experience and success in inside sales.
- May have experience in the SMB space.
- May have worked in, and enjoyed, calling at your college/other organization to fundraise or raise awareness.
- May already have a passion or understanding of craft beer and the craft beer industry.
- The role will begin hourly at a rate that represents $40k annualized ($19/hour).
- As you hit your goals in the SDS program you will then graduate to a full-time employee, which includes full benefits (vision, medical, dental, and commuter).
- From there, as defined in the description, your opportunity paths will be based on your skill set and company needs, whether directly into the next step as a quota carrying sales person, or other areas of opportunity as we continue to grow.